Micro Harbour

The place for discussions about SL and RL sailing, grid-happenings, and other topics of general interest.

Micro Harbour

Postby Blunt Fhang » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:44 am

I've just built a small harbour for micro avatars to sail from, it's not an attempt to vie with any clubs but another option for them. It doesn't need group membership, and all micros can sail from here, preferably in boats or seaplanes below 100 prims, we also have a small heli pad.

I'd like a notecard giver to put on the sea wall, it will help noobs to find sailing groups and sailing classes or courses. So if someone from Triumphal could drop something to me about the group and their training options please.

The Micro Harbour is located at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Plontafus/111/235/23

Blunt Fhang
Micros have more fun in the same space that human av's waste
Blunt Fhang

Re: Micro Harbour

Postby Blunt Fhang » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:08 am

As an addition to this post, I'm one of the authors of the Micro Guide book which lists places where you can get micro av's, accessories and Micro friendly places to visit.
If any of you have a micro friendly policy, I'm going to be adding an update shortly on Micro friendly fishing and sailing areas to the Guide. If you send me an Im inworld, with slurl and details of your place I can get you entered into the Guide. This way we all help each other.

Blunt Fhang
Blunt Fhang

Postby Jane Fossett » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Blunt Fhang wrote:As an addition to this post, I'm one of the authors of the Micro Guide book which lists places where you can get micro av's, accessories and Micro friendly places to visit.
If any of you have a micro friendly policy, I'm going to be adding an update shortly on Micro friendly fishing and sailing areas to the Guide. If you send me an Im inworld, with slurl and details of your place I can get you entered into the Guide. This way we all help each other.

Blunt Fhang

I think there are many people to talk to about 'sailing on a small scale.'
There are lots of options, including tinies, micros, and 'model' boats.
Beejee Boucher, who runs SLOOTERS in Gaeta is a good resource.
So is anyone at Triumphal Yacht Club, who hosted the "Tiny World Regatta" a few months ago.
And don't forget Hollywood Model Yacht Club!

Here's a pic of Beejee's best side from a few months ago: :-)

Jane Fossett

Postby Blunt Fhang » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 am

I was in the Tiny World regatta, I sailed as a micro in it. It was fun, I kept coming last because my boat couldn't keep up. I have details of Triumphal via Orca and Charlz.

I spoke to Anzac, who has a micro circuit for boating and I asked him for an LM so I could go and try it out.
Beejee is a friend, I have a shop at her place, and she's been to see the micro set up that I have. I suspect there's a micro lurking in her and wanting to escape. :D Surfwidow has made a few boats for us to use.

With regard to the Hollywood Model yacht Club, I have to get there to check it out for Micro Pirate Battles or skirmishes that the public can watch. It's been suggested to me that it may be better than an open sim for the battles,where only those taking part would see it. We're looking at using the Migizi North pirate galleons, they have good handling and have firing guns with lots of smoke.

I'll get around to more sailing places when I get time, I build for micros and am an artist too so can be busy at times. But one thing I will say, if the sailing sims are a nice sail for human av boats, imagine what they're like if you're 1/10th the size of your av. That's 10 times the sailing area, and you can sail in a sim where you won't crash crossing sims.

There is a good variety of micro boats available now, a good variety of micro av's, so why are you wasting so much vertical space?? micro on down and live life in the wider world :D

If any of you want a copy of the Micro Guide Book, it's free just ask me in SL or look for the vendors at Micro haven and at my place,a s soon as I remember to put one out :D Happy sailing, and sanity is an optional extra :D
Blunt Fhang

Postby Jane Fossett » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Blunt Fhang wrote:I was in the Tiny World regatta, I sailed as a micro in it. ...

And you survived! Respect!! :-)
Blunt Fhang wrote:If any of you want a copy of the Micro Guide Book, it's free just ask me in SL or look for the vendors at Micro haven and at my place,as soon as I remember to put one out :D

Omg, hotcha; that's a great idea. Thank you!!
Jane Fossett

Return to General Discussion