ISAIL SL Sailing /louis vuitton acred,/34 americas cup acred

The place for discussions about SL and RL sailing, grid-happenings, and other topics of general interest.

Re: ISAIL SL Sailing /louis vuitton acred,/34 americas cup a

Postby Slanty Uriza » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:50 am

noodleqt exonar wrote:Now, I will admit cat is not my favourite dish; Hope it comes with noodles ;-)

Cat tastes a lot like rabbit, it goes well with rice too. Yummy!
Slanty Uriza

Postby Orca Flotta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:48 am

noodleqt exonar wrote:Hi,
Just wanna say, I think it is amazing what Don is trying to do here. Building those cat-monsters is one thing.

He doesn't. Corry of WildWind builds them. And she already has built much bigger multihulls.

Making them work, despite the size, graphics and extra scripting needed. Woots!

He doesn't. It's still corry's project. AFAIK don didn't even commision those boats to be built ... as corry would build them anyway. He's jumping onto an already rolling train here.

Setting up an interclub event?! Cooperation among clubs!!! Woots woots.

He doesn't. Don couldn't spell the term 'cooperation' if he tried. Apart from that what he's looking for isn't cooperation but using other clubs and singular entities to do all the work which he will later make look like his own. Also, what is so new about cooperative interclub events? We do them all the time. Fizz Cup and J-Classics / OW are examples of that. Same as the brandspanking new SLSA Yacht Club Championships will be ... which will be proposed to the community pretty soon.

I think the sailing community needs to do away with old nags, and look each other in the eyes and say: Lets go build a better future. I really hope this dream comes true.

Huh? Guess what the sailing "community" is working on since the day Kanker had his first idea and sat down to scribble a vehicle propulsion script? And since those early days SL sailing did not only survive but it grew and became better. Not because of but despite sources of disruption such as don. I'm trying with my limited skills to help building a better future, same as many others are. Everyone in their area and field of expertise. Some are building/scripting wonderful boats, others are giving their land, others again are organising yacht clubs and scheduling events, some are beta testing, some are racing, some are cruising, some are making websites and forae ... and some are trying to conquer the whole thing, like old Nappy once did. Well, Napoleon wasn't good enough, and the new forces here aren't even anywhere near his ablities.

One more word @ don: seeing your picture now it shows some medium sized catamarans of which one you called the ACJ-35 TRAINER. Boy o boy, would I be pi$$ed off now had I bought one of those. That whole setup is what I call a huge failure in marketing/promotion/publicity.
Orca Flotta

Postby noodleqt exonar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 am

Thanx Orcs, for setting that right.
In pursuit of realism... http://noodleqt.blogspot.com
noodleqt exonar

Postby Jane Fossett » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:04 am

I received a nice note from Sarah999 Aya today,
confirming don's comments above.
The Wildcat is a "simple, small" racer inspired by AC-45 and released as ACJ-35.
The ACJ-45 is still in Alpha, and will be released at some future date.
It will be followed by the ACJ-72, which will update and replace the current ACJ-90.

Sarah999 Aya wrote:... *At first there was misunderstanding. It is that many people have thought WildCat to be ACJ-45.
ACJ-35 (WildCat) : Released. The ship which there is not in real world. In simple small size, the race is convenient to manage it.
ACJ-45 : corry is producing it now. There is not the beta version. The real ship, higher-speed than WildCat. For a sailor liking real ships.
ACJ-72 : corry is produced after 45 release. There is the prototype. The highest-speed ship. Update of ACJ-90.
That's all. :) Thanks.
Jane Fossett

Postby Don Berithos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:30 am

Belittling people and brow besting people isnt what this forum is for Orca . You Belittle people here on a daily basis,
This is Supposed to be a Simple weekly Race series Each club holds Thats Fun . Clearly You need to control all thinks Now This is clear,

Ive never said I commissioned the Boat Orca Stop misleading people , I never said I built it . I'm a Consulate and Wildwind is happy I am , Getting them the permissions From ACM is one The responsible thing to do And Two Sharing it with real life builders is fun ,
Unlike your daily cry for attention here commenting on just about everyones tread Belittling them and acting as always non constructive,
1st_ia.jpg
Our Agenda Is To have fun as well as incorporate fundraisers for Disabled Sailors In SL and real life ,
The Argo Challenge Is Just one of many , We have contacted and Support ,
I think Your efforts to derail such a project is must disturbing . Your just negative and clearly dont have a understanding of our efforts . And before you even have bothered to ask you attack and insult , I hope you can come to grasp with with some day , I turned a New page In SL and am trying to Live by this. Resespect all , Even if there wrong even if there a so called< Know it all,l EVEN If if there rude and abusive,. Even if they invade privacy ,to everone , Im gonna smile and say how can I help , So how can I help Orca,

That what were about that what weve been planning Since January Secondlife is perfect platform For this .I my self being one I broke C one in my neck Orca Its stopped my Sailing competitively as well as My Nascar futures Skiing as well I miss racing my A cat my Hobie and even my Lazar, And My Ice boat Nclass They remain Tied up under my house , I cant take the chance of another head or neck injury , Thats why my efforts are so strong and focused on Bringing a Americas Race here that is One informative < two supports Non profits That Support Disabled Sailors and Also Less fortunates .Who maybe dont live near the water . Are to old to Sail in rl , Or maybe Just for some tragic reasons Cant Sail in rl ,
Support from the Acm and Louis Vuitton has been Great as well As all the teams in The Vuittons and Americas Cup thankyou , You welcomed a new idea into your world and supported fully .

Argo Challenge campaign to fund an international crew of disabled athletes in the Americas Cup, the most prestigious competition in international yachting, that will be held in San Francisco in 2013. On par, no barriers: wecanucan
http://www.ideaargo.org/index.asp
Donation Kioshs are available at the GGYCSL>

Try as you may defame copy insult me thats fine . One Clear Message that sends To me . how can I help you .Were all here for diferent reasons on this earth Im going to try and enrich people lives what time i have left .
Don Berithos

Postby Naeve Rossini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:44 am

Orca Flotta wrote:Since corry didn't change a thing since she (not 'him', don!) scripted the 44 I don't see that much of a great future for the ACJ-45.

FWIW, it's cheaper. =)

One thing I've always liked about the 44 (and probably the 35) is that its price point is very accessible to new sailors and it's easy to pick up.

While it may not be on the truer side of the spectrum for sailing simulation, it does well for people who want to play the "game."

Having now gone sailing IRL, there's so much missing from the abstraction of being on a computer that you can't ever truly simulate real sailing. Real sailing is a tremendously tactile experience that you just won't get in SL.

Don Berithos wrote:The ACJ is perfect trainer to work up to the bigger boats . And at 1000l How can you complain ?

Clearly, you're a man. L$1000 is a pair of fucking hot shoes! =)

Or boots:

(They're from Maitreya, ladies, since the designer's name isn't on the poster.)

Don Berithos wrote:Recap. The ACJ 35 Is a pilot boat to see how it races in fleets just how big to make the the 45 amd 72 And a training version for all to enjoy .

Meh... I don't want to pay to be a beta tester. Now I regret buying the boat. I would have done better with the boots.
Naeve Rossini
Cute. Real cute.
Naeve Rossini

Postby Don Berithos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Nthing like more positive views here you probly be better off on a lite , With your boots , :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don Berithos

Postby Orca Flotta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Don Berithos wrote:Belittling people and brow besting people isnt what this forum is for Orca . You Belittle people here on a daily basis,

I won't say you're lieing here ... but what you say isn't true, and you know it. You don't even need to be belittled, you manage that quite well all on your own.

This is Supposed to be a Simple weekly Race series Each club holds Thats Fun . Clearly You need to control all thinks Now This is clear,

I have nothing against simple weekly race series, holding them myself since 2007. But I don't know why and how you came to the wrong conclusion I need to control all things. So this is NOT clear! Quite contrary, you let my well-established time slot graciously be part of your brandnew much smaller thing. Why? Because you want to control my shit as well. Of course I like to help you out and let you use my results list for your new ranking system ... a system that you claim to work on together with Liv. Well, newsflash, when I asked Liv today she said she thinks it is stupid. She told me quite clearly that she is not and will not work for you.

Ive never said I commissioned the Boat Orca Stop misleading people ,

But you act and talk as if corry builds it just for you, so contrary to you I'm not misleading anyone.

I never said I built it . I'm a Consulate and Wildwind is happy I am ,

So, are they now? Well, I didn't talk to Sarah in quite a while, but I know WW is a wellgoing business and doesn't need your questionable help (meddling) in any way. Did you council them on that poor publicity stunt with the ACJ-35? Well done, NOT!

Getting them the permissions From ACM is one The responsible thing to do And Two Sharing it with real life builders is fun ,

Let me repeat: This isn't the first AC replica corry has built. I don't know if she got any official permissions or not, and I think it doesn't really matter. SL isn't RL, don, and we should never mix them. As a SL resident one doesn't fly to Dubai or Sardinia for ... yes, again, for what? What did you do there? In how far did they help SL sailing? As long as you ca't answer that simple question you must excuse the rest of us for being either bored or even irritated by your braggings.

Unlike your daily cry for attention here commenting on just about everyones tread Belittling them and acting as always non constructive,

Woah, that was like 3 lies in one sentence! A new low, even for a stupid hick like you. 1) I couldn't care less for attention. Of course when I post here, I want ppl to read it and take it seriously. Just like everybody who posts here. But that's it. 2) criticism, even harsh criticism, is not belittling. 3) I think I'm doing enough for the community to be regarded as constructive. I'm just not talking and bragging about it all the time. Unlike a certain someone. :roll:

1st_ia.jpg
Our Agenda Is To have fun as well as incorporate fundraisers for Disabled Sailors In SL and real life ,
The Argo Challenge Is Just one of many , We have contacted and Support ,
I think Your efforts to derail such a project is must disturbing .

I don't even know about such a project, so how can I try to derail it? And what has it to do with aynthing I said or did in SL or in this forum? If you wanna support that project it's your thing. It's maybe a good project. But again, what has it to do with any of your attempts to conquer SL sailing and push all the rest of us out?

Your just negative and clearly dont have a understanding of our efforts . And before you even have bothered to ask you attack and insult

Well, is there any other way to react to your strange atttempts than a negative? I am anot negative, I just react negative to your weird and badly communicated attempts to gain ... ya, what is it you wanna achieve? The answer we're all looking for since the first day you started something in SL. Also, it's not my responsibility to ask. Or to read your blog or your links or whatever you throw at us. You want something - you communicate it and ask. That's how it's usually done.

, I hope you can come to grasp with with some day

No worries, I'm completely contempt.

, I turned a New page In SL

See, and now we're slowly getting to the core of the problem, the innermost sanctum, your true agenda. Don, from all the hundreds of people which make up the SL sailing community you are the last I'd consider as having turned a new page. You caused some stir, yes, you made many ppl angry, yes, you brought us a very badly organized cup event, yes, you started fights with many people, yes, you drove those people off, yes, you lost all of those fights, yes, you achieved anything constructive, no!

and am trying to Live by this. Resespect all , Even if there wrong even if there a so called< Know it all,l EVEN If if there rude and abusive,. Even if they invade privacy ,to everone , Im gonna smile and say how can I help ,

Congratulations, you have just proven yourself wrong. Because that sentence in itself was the antipode of respect. It shows what you really think.You're playing as if you respect them, like a bad actor, like the hypocrite you really are. Shame on you!

So how can I help Orca,

Thanks, but no thanks. There is nothing you can offer me. If I need help I'll ask competent people.

Try as you may defame copy insult me thats fine . One Clear Message that sends To me . how can I help you .Were all here for diferent reasons on this earth Im going to try and enrich people lives what time i have left ..

After half an hour trying to decipher your last sentence I was at least able to figure out the last part of it. And I must say sorry, you failed. You failed all those people who's lifes you tried to enrich. You also failed to enrich the SA saling community. Ask yourself, what have you ever done for sailing in SL other than bringing a lot of bad blood, bad feelings and hatred here. You could maybe do better if you weren't so full of yourself, so arrogant and rude and had at least some basic people skills.
Last edited by Orca Flotta on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orca Flotta

Postby Nomad Zamani » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Orca Flotta wrote:I am anot negative, I just react negative to your weird and badly communicated attempts to gain ... ya, what is it you wanna achieve? The answer we're all looking for since the first day you started something in SL.

A certain someone wrote:Isail is currnetly officail Americas cup secondlife link were bringing americas cup to sl and also offocail promoter of ac45 in sl americas cup world series Louis vuitton challengers cup . This isnt a hobby its our Job and more attention we get the better sponsership will be for americas cup sims

Money, money, money.

A certain someone also wrote:The sailing sims were built on a lie aca has lived on for four years now . They arent affiliated in any way to Americas Cup . Thats why you dont see them repoting on it , I put a stop to it acullty wont be happy till there thrown out SL.

Out to destroy other people's fun so that he can dominate the AC scene in SL, as a means to get lots of sponsorship money for sims.
Nomad Zamani

Postby Orca Flotta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Don Berithos wrote:Nthing like more positive views here you probly be better off on a lite , With your boots , :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don, Naeve was conned out of 1000 bucks. You might find that amusing, only shows you clear lack of empathy. What kind of reaction did you expect other than a negative one?
You're really one miserable creature.
Orca Flotta

Postby Jane Fossett » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Orca Flotta wrote:
Don Berithos wrote:Nthing like more positive views here you probly be better off on a lite , With your boots , :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don, Naeve was conned out of 1000 bucks. You might find that amusing, only shows you clear lack of empathy. What kind of reaction did you expect other than a negative one?
You're really one miserable creature.

<--hands Naeve $1,000L.
OK, now do I get the shoes?

How about we go sail.

OW Round Seven Timeslot #1
just finished. It was
one of the best races...
EVER.
Jane Fossett

Postby Don Berithos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:00 pm

May i help you. :wink: :wink:
Don Berithos

Postby Jane Fossett » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Don Berithos wrote:May i help you. :wink: :wink:

Sure!
Take off your shoes...
:-)
Jane Fossett

Postby Roan Blackburn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:30 pm

May I suggest you all read this (paying particular attention to the part entitled "Extinction"?)

Only takes a few minutes.

http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/proj/nru/opcond.html
Roan Blackburn

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion