ISAIL SL Sailing /louis vuitton acred,/34 americas cup acred

The place for discussions about SL and RL sailing, grid-happenings, and other topics of general interest.

Re: ISAIL SL Sailing /louis vuitton acred,/34 americas cup a

Postby Orca Flotta » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 am

Liv Leigh wrote:The boat's combination of speed, stability on region crossings in SL and relative ease of handling makes it an interesting vehicle for both beginning and more advanced sailors in my opinion. I'd say it has all the qualities needed to become a popular race class in Secondlife. Of course anyone who wishes to take part in this exciting program is welcome to take up contact.

LOL
I vividly remember a much younger Orca Flotta talking similarly about the then new RCJ-44. I was so enthusiastic about that boat, even founded a class association for it. Was a good clean fun boat then, and still is. But time wasn't friendly to the 44, newer boats had more appeal for the racers so it was slowly dieing out. And since corry didn't change a thing since she (not 'him', don!) scripted the 44 I don't see that much of a great future for the ACJ-45. It's not even faster than the 44. And it's a not even a real boat but a friggin mutihull, ugly and impractical, so ...

EDIT: Nevertheless I will have ACJ-45 races from now on. It will replace the RCJ-44 in my Sat 12pm slot.
Orca Flotta

Postby Don Berithos » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 am

Well Orca All i can say is first the acj45 isnt out yet , Also the new Acj is being Built from the rl Plans i sent Corry I know I make that misatke alot ,
Were tiring to make a interclub series out of this me and Liv have been planning for a awhile we would liketo let The One finsh First To be polite ,
The idea being local clubs hold races for the class and we Enter results in a simlpe data base of its own , Grading races of course will continue , These results would be used for the World Series , Simple fun not to serious racing , Thats what the real boat is set up to do with the youth programs that are to start next year.
Corry Has also offered some months back to have the ACJ 72 in full Americas Cup colors as a prize. I a wait final drawing inthis due soon ,
Sent the latest videos to Core Builders In NZL they loved it . Hope we can count on you to support and help the new series out , Thanks Don ,There is a in world AC45 racers group free to Join .
Don Berithos

Postby Orca Flotta » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 am

Don Berithos wrote:Well Orca All i can say is first the acj45 isnt out yet

Isn't the WildCat, which corry named ACJ-35 on the vendors the same boat as the ACJ-45? Because that one is out already. Oh man, this is all so confusing. :?

And using some contsruction plans for the prim build doesn't help make it a more convincing boat to sail. The script hasn't changed much from her first boats. It has basically the same sailing characteristics like all her other boats. It just isn't as pretty as the othesr. But I'm kinda partial against multihulls, having a love-hate relationship with them ... only without the love. :mrgreen:
Orca Flotta

Postby Don Berithos » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:24 pm

This is the beta Hull of the 45 Cats dont sail like Monos This script is probly the smotthes script in sl , As far as sim crossing Yes it needs little improvement by far its a great boat , It reallY the pilot boat of thinks to come
Don Berithos

metaverse confusion

Postby Jane Fossett » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm trying to follow up on issues with the new wildwind catamaran.
Don did tell me there might be more than one Wildwind boat inspired by the AC-45,
and it looks like he is correct. WildCat's alphanumeric designation was changed to ACJ-35.
I think that's fine, but here's my issue:

Beta testers like myself, Orca, Liv, and many others
need to know what to recommend to sailors,
and which boats to plan for fleet races.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out why anyone should buy and race an ACJ-35,
if there is a better version, the 'real' ACJ-45, currently in beta moving toward a launch date?

If everyone who buys a 35 gets a free 45, then 'no problem.'
My guess is that is not the case. Please explain.

I think you see that all the posts here about Wildwind's efforts are supportive;
However this issue of two boat releases with a probable 'double cost' to sailors is genuinely confusing and worrisome.

Please explain?
Jane Fossett

Postby Don Berithos » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm

ac45.jpg
Jane This will be an Updaqte I told you all about this before your story ran . Being the boat was finshed before the rl version . And the plans we were given also the 45 is a completely new boat '.
The ACJ 45 Is not in beta testing Yet. It doesnt have its Wing . As I posted before This is the pilot boat and at 1000 L i think you get hell of a boat for this ,
The 45 will also include a free acj72 as well when completed If everone would just slow down a bit ask Questions Before print we all have the inforamtion we needed,
The ACJ is perfect trainer to work up to the bigger boats . And at 1000l How can you complain ?
I was Beta testing this boat three months ago like I said even. Discussed it in Dubai In front all major teams and media At the ACRM meets for us there. Planning has been shared with Acrm from the beginning concerning it and they are updated weekly , recommend racing and learning the boat for when the new boat comes out , This wont be tommrrow , I can assure you and all beta testers will once again get a ACj Beta once its ready ,The Bor 90 Was exact replica of the soft sailed version and Ive asked for a Wing version to me made After the 72 Is done , This Isnt the same as Beach cats and certainly not any mono hulls we currently race. Im told it will be faster . And even perhaps sail with out the jib up wind like its rl sister,
So slow down on a fast boat and you will get to the end faster.
Recap. The ACJ 35 Is a pilot boat to see how it races in fleets just how big to make the the 45 amd 72 And a training version for all to enjoy .
When the acj 45 is released The ACJ if not finshed at the time will come as a free update , Priced According , And Fairly , msany hours went into the double axis wind technological and rl numbers still coming in on the 45 . Like in rl You dont just step on one these and go You learn on smaller working your way up . But in this case Jim Spithill And Murray Worked there way down getting off the Giants that inspired this boat , There is a Real life And this is its mane SL35 meant for yacht clubs across the globe that is being built as we speak Links are on our blog for IT , Under http://isailsl.blogspot.com/2010/12/from-cockpit.html
Last edited by Don Berithos on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Berithos

Postby Jane Fossett » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Don Berithos wrote:
ac45.jpg
Jane This will be an Updaqte I told you all about this before your story ran . Being the boat was finshed before the rl version . And the plans we were given also the 45 is a completely new boat '.
The ACJ 45 Is not in beta testing Yet. It doesnt have its Wing . As I posted before This is the pilot boat and at 1000 L i think you get hell of a boat for this ,
The 45 will also include a free acj72 as well when completed If everone would just slow down a bit ask Questions Before print we all have the inforamtion we needed,
The ACJ is perfect trainer to work up to the bigger boats . And at 1000l How can you complain ?
I was Beta testing this boat three months ago like I said even. Discussed it in Dubai In front all major teams and media At the ACRM meets for us there. Planning has been shared with Acrm from the beginning concerning it and they are updated weekly , recommend racing and learning the boat for when the new boat comes out , This wont be tommrrow , I can assure you and all beta testers will once again get a ACj Beta once its ready ,The Bor 90 Was exact replica of the soft sailed version and Ive asked for a Wing version to me made After the 72 Is done , This Isnt the same as Beach cats and certainly not any mono hulls we currently race. Im told it will be faster . And even perhaps sail with out the jib up wind like its rl sister,
So slow down on a fast boat and you will get to the end faster.

Please, I am not arguing, and I think what you are doing with WW can be a positive move.
However I want things clear, so sailors and RDs know what's planned and they're able to make decisions.
I'm sure you agree with that.

You just added another boat? an ACJ-72?
Maybe I'm holding you and WW to an excessively strong standard;
pardon me, that is not my intent.
However, I think it is fair -- and so do you --
to tell sailors what it might cost them in boat purchases
to join any upcoming regatta series.

Is that decided yet?
Jane Fossett

Postby Bea Woodget » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:29 pm

deleted
Last edited by Bea Woodget on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And what if I tell you that some of my posts, doesn't reflect a critical side, but a perfectionist side, that I can not stand mediocrity when one could do great things even easier. Do I deserve a spanking? Do not say "yes!" or assume...
Bea Woodget

Postby Liv Leigh » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:42 pm

The boat I have in use is called 'WildCat', I have tested it as such and use it as such.
I suggest if there is confusion about there being 2 models we ask Corry, she builds them.
Liv Leigh

Postby Don Berithos » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 pm

111111_001.jpg
Jain a beta vesion has been sitting at wildwind for two months of the Seventy Two , It was planeed for release,With the current Boat . The boat is out in the public and has been im not arguing , Im saying The 35 is a rl vesion of a Boat the SL35 . Plans were optained of the Current AC45 and it is now being built and the ac 72 will wait for its realife vesion to be finished out of respect , you will get both boats in a package the 45 and the 72 included ,Its not a numerical Change al though some betas did say ac45
Its a completely diferent boat . Longer wider see picture above,
All boats under The Wildcat name,
Don Berithos

Postby Jane Fossett » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:15 pm

I have no argument here either.
I appreciate don is working hard on this.
I just want to correctly describe the boat
and advise sailors whether they should
buy a 35, wait for the 45 package,
or get a different multihull.

There are many available now;
I dropped a few on the dock below.

Jane Fossett

Postby Orca Flotta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:08 am

Don Berithos wrote:This is the beta Hull of the 45

No, it isn't. Corry doesn't sell beta versions. What we have here is a finished product.

Cats dont sail like Monos

Really? Tell me something new. Well, with WW they do in fact sail EXACTLY like the monos.

This script is probly the smotthes script in sl , As far as sim crossing

Is this your first WW? Yes, corry's scripts are known for soft like butter sim crossings. Not only since she put an old monohull script into her cat.

Yes it needs little improvement by far its a great boat , It reallY the pilot boat of thinks to come

As far as I know corry, she will make a 72' hull in time for the AC cup. But it will still be driven by the same engine ... maybe upgraded here and there and tuned for more speed. But basically it will still be the same.
WildWind is a one-woman operation, Corry is not Toyota. So you shouldn't expect the amount of revolutionary new tricks like from them.
Orca Flotta

Postby Don Berithos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 am

Look at the picture Orca look at the picture , its a oicture of the 45 beta hull . Wheres it say thats for sale , Something else Who do think writes the scripts ?
Why are you even commenting on any this? Beyond me , You act like I dont Know what im talking about I have almost ever boat they build , Where do think she got the plans from Me,
Stop playing catch will ya , Corse it has new scipots in it , Last time i looked there wasnt a double axis in the rc44, It may be the base But its been changed rewritten And improved that cam from the scripters mouth , Who is a he and name doesn't start with a C , Man oh man ,
Don Berithos

Postby Orca Flotta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 am

I don't know who scripts the WW boats, I don't care and I don't think it's anyone's business to know that stuff. But I do know that the WW scripts didn't undergo any radical changes since the very first WW came out. Double axis doesn't change the sailing characteristics of the boat, it's just for gettiing one pontoon out of the water, it's an optical thing.
You may brag about supplying corry with plans of the AC boat as much as you like. Up till now she always managed to come up with the most true to scale replicas of RL boats all by her own.
And, yes, they have worked on the script, of course they did. But they didn't do anything spectacular with it. Ok, I missed the bit of ACJ-35 vs ACJ-45, thought it might be a typo or such. I don't really see the value (for customers) of putting out another cat right now, why not wait for the 72 instead?
I still say the cat sails like the RCJ, VOJ or any other WW monohull. I must say that I honestly was a bit disappointed with it. Still behaves like a steamtrain rather than a boat. And that is - to answer your very unpolite and out of line question - the reason for me to comment here. And I'm not playing catch, I never play catch with weaker players. This is a forum, not a playground. I don't know why you're always trying to start a war just because someone has a different opinion from you.
It will probably still be beyond you, but it's very easy to be beyond you.

That*'s all, resting my case. Man o man ...
Orca Flotta

Postby noodleqt exonar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 am

Hi,
Just wanna say, I think it is amazing what Don is trying to do here. Building those cat-monsters is one thing. Making them work, despite the size, graphics and extra scripting needed. Woots! Setting up an interclub event?! Cooperation among clubs!!! Woots woots. I think the sailing community needs to do away with old nags, and look each other in the eyes and say: Lets go build a better future. I really hope this dream comes true. Now, I will admit cat is not my favourite dish; Hope it comes with noodles ;-)
In pursuit of realism... http://noodleqt.blogspot.com
noodleqt exonar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion