USS to move to Blake Sea and Nautilus area

The place for discussions about SL and RL sailing, grid-happenings, and other topics of general interest.

Postby Liv Leigh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:10 am

I would prefer anything Belgian or Irish, or many German beers too. And as many people in Holland I have no idea how on earth many people outside The Netherlands mistake a regular industrial product like Heineken for a ''high quality beer''.

Freddy knew: The late Freddy Heineken, known as much in Holland for his kidnapping as for his brand, took over his dad's business. He had studied marketing and he proved himself a master at it, turning a modest brewery into an empire.
Liv Leigh

Postby Balthasar Trebuchet » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Love this thread :lol: .... someone mentioned first a minor matter about a few private regions moving and connecting to mainland... what is worth a sherbet.

The following discussion about the one and only right and original way to serve it led fully logical to the definition of a Netherlands tomato consistence and flavor (or better the absence of it).

For sure, as here are mostly sailors debating, the keywords "Netherlands" and "Tomato" must without a doubt lead to the real thing: Beer!

So, all I wonder about is: Why did it need that much post to touch the final point? :shock:

Cheers!

(and may 2009 a year of good news 8) )
Balthasar Trebuchet

Postby Cynthia Centaur » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 am

So, all I wonder about is: Why did it need that much post to touch the final point? Shocked

Hmm. Just because debating is much more fun than getting to the point?

:-)
Cyn
Cynthia Centaur

Postby Slanty Uriza » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:54 am

What or where is the point?
Slanty Uriza

Postby Stuart Choche » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:10 am

football?
Stuart Choche

Postby Wingedsentry Waechter » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Liv Leigh wrote:I would prefer anything Belgian or Irish, or many German beers too. And as many people in Holland I have no idea how on earth many people outside The Netherlands mistake a regular industrial product like Heineken for a ''high quality beer''.

Freddy knew: The late Freddy Heineken, known as much in Holland for his kidnapping as for his brand, took over his dad's business. He had studied marketing and he proved himself a master at it, turning a modest brewery into an empire.

it may be a urban legend: Carlsberg had an advertising campaing running in France: "The French word for beer is Carlsberg"

to which Freddy countered by placing billboards next to them: "Carlsberg is the reason the French dring wine"

8)
"all I want is a tall ship and a star to steer her by"
Wingedsentry Waechter

blake sea is online already...

Postby Lance Corrimal » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:12 am

...not open yet, and not in the right place on the grid, but you can already look at it on the map. looks promising.
Lance Corrimal

Previous

Return to General Discussion